I’ve decided to put together 20 (very simple) ways to give yourself a little lift when things aren’t quite going your way.
If you know of any others, do let me know.
- Finish that book left to rot on your bedside table.
- Take a bubble bath and soak until the water gets cold.
- Buy a really good cup of coffee, no matter the cost.
- Invite a colleague to actually take a lunch break and sit down to eat together (not at your desk!).
- Buy gelato, find a bench and sit for a while.
- Spring clean.
- Take unwanted goods to a charity shop.
- Throw a couple of quid into a homeless person’s hat.
- Light some candles and read a magazine.
- Sit under a duvet on the sofa – ain’t nothin’ more indulgent than that.
- Turn your phone off.
- Start a new series on Netflix.
- Go to bed an hour earlier than usual.
- Get Jiggy Widdit.
- Go to the cinema and splash out on popcorn and a drink.
- Facetime a friend.
- Delete Facebook from your phone, or if you’re feeling really brave, delete it altogether.
- Drink prosecco during the day.
- Apply for that job you want.
- And a failsafe, final suggestion: move your goddamn body in any way you can.